After a long wait for the much awaited movie GRAVITY, I finally managed to watch it last Sunday.
Watching this movie was a complete bliss moment, completely lost in the space, everything was so lighter and calm, a pure meditative experience.
Later in the evening i happened to watch the discovery channel and found a very interesting episode about the birth of universe.
Every planet is so unique; every planet is completely different from one another. The basic concept here is that there is Hydrogen and oxygen on most part of the universe in the form of dense clouds or freezed water.
Mars did at some point of time had water, but that evaporated as mars for some reason lost its magnetic fields, earth has its own magnetic field and so does Saturn.
These magnetic fields protect us from the solar flares, and asteroids that may cause severe damage, these life saving magnetic fields are basically produced from the core of the earth.
Now after watching the complete show about the birth of universe, the survival of the earth and other planetary properties, In my conscious was able to related few things that had something to do with humans on earth, I think every person have something that comes basically from the universe and we are somehow related to it.
Like an atom, where an electrons keeps revolving around the nucleus, which is the energy source and keeps revolving in the orbit of its own, unless a external force is applied, now this same principle is applied to solar system. So the smallest and the tiniest part very well relates to the infinite part of the universe.
There is a distinct chance that every small things that happens in the universe somehow and some where related to our being, in such a way that its tries to be a part of the whole process.
So what actually is kicking my head on this particular point is the relation of the outside universe with our actions or results.
There are 4 components according to my observation that make earth “The EARTH” and as I said this in some way related to what you do, create or build.
Which are basically governed by basic laws of physics, chemistry, time, proportion and matter, where we have to have a right mix.
Building a product, is like giving birth to an idea. This is something similar to giving birth to a planet, there are lot of stars that actually takes birth and then dies, the secret recipe for survival is to SUSTAIN like earth and grow nurture and flourish later to create infinite possibilities of life.
Creating a product is like being in the natural form of creating a perfect earth.
Chemistry that made this earth a Successful Product
million years ago when there was lot of hydrogen molecules (single electron) on baby earth which was useless, unless accompanied with a partner to form a covalent bond, This hydrogen atom was similar to the problems around you, which is unnoticed and void, unless accompanied with a solution like an atom of oxygen to form a right mix of combination for form H2O, which will create something meaning full as “water” and to create life and its infinite possibilities. These bonds will always be together as a problem solution combination. Once the hydrogen (problem) keeps extinguishing its new allied chemical components comes into effect. So the problem – solutions can have various forms and every combination is a fit for every other environment.
So this seed of H2O (product idea) might have gone through various combination and processed with intense heat, extreme cold and other deadly calamities, to create a perfect conditions for life to exist.
Just like your idea going through all thoughts of positive negative confused state of mind in judging to make or find the perfect condition to nurture/plan your product.
And suddenly you see a asteroid coming from the space, bringing a microbial seed of life on earth and here we go life just begins, of course not just like that, it takes ages.
Similarly in the life of an entrepreneur, the favorable conditions that you created with you product idea (H2O), and suddenly you see an asteroid (co-founder/messiah) coming in your idea and product life starts taking its form.
Physics of earth and relation to Startup
Just forming a water molecule will never solve a problem, we need to multiply it and put it into a perfect environment, here comes the physics part, earth was geographically placed in the right place for water to have sustained in this universe. If we were close to sun
water could have evaporated, if too far water could have solidified and turned into ice or dry water in form of gases. Like Jupiter and Saturn.
We are in to the right orbits and physically at the right positions, also the magnetic fields of earth that we studied in physics led in creating a natural defense mechanism that keeps protecting earth, from the solar flares and asteroids hence keeping the water intact. It is said that Water existed on mars but got evaporated due to failure in magnetic defense mechanism of mars and got disrupted and hence mars is a failed product without water. Probably it dint knew how to protect it or may be got in wrong hands.
Just like Physics & Chemistry there could be more such factors that could lead to a successful perfect start-up like the mother earth, in this open mysterious universe.
These are just some of my personal thoughts or analogies.
Keep looking for the next post about the Time, Proportion and Matter.
My first post after a long time, but not so long as it can be seen from my last post date.
Due to some technical problem with the database on hosting side, i lost all my blog data including all the posts,images and videos that were posted from 2006 to 2013.
Fortunately was able to get few post that were backed up. a bigger lesson learned, never trust your host provider, it is not always foolproof. I better not write about what went wrong, but the hosting support fellow, replaced my existing database with the old database, which erased all the data, and what i was left with was bits and pieces of that old data.
On a good note, took this opportunity and revamped the blog design and logo. tried making it a little flat in design and classy.
Have planned lot of topics that i would be covering in the upcoming posts.
Do let me know you feedback on the new design and logo
Catch you soon !
Nokia recently released Symbain OS Version named Symbian Belle.
Many Nokia Symbian Users find it difficulty getting the updates, many have questions that when they try to check for the updates from the Nokia N8-00 Handset the Nokia Server returns with a MessageÂ â€œNO Updates Availableâ€
Well this is a glitch which is not yet solved, so to get theÂ Official Symbian Belle UpdateÂ there are 2 ways either throughÂ Nokia Ovi SuiteÂ orÂ OTAÂ i.e. Over the air.
Note:- Backup your data before following the following procedure.
This is being tried and tested, however a user should try it on their own risk.
Lets See how we can get the Update via OTA i.e. â€œOver the AIRâ€
1. Go to call option and dial *#0000#
2. You will get the Device Info -> Click on Options and check for Updates
3. If you donâ€™t get any updates listed exit out from the Device Info Module
4. Go to Software Update Application of Nokia, ideally it will be in tools or Office or Application.
5. Go to Option -> Check for Updates.
6. If you still donâ€™t get any options then we need to do a Hard Format of the Phone
7. Now before we do that we should back all the data.
8. So now you would require a PC and Nokia OVI Suite Version 3.3.86
9. If you donâ€™t have the above mentioned Version Please update the Nokia Ovi Suite
10. Once you have the Latest version of Nokia Ovi Suite now connect your Phone to the PC via USB
11. Go to settings -> Connectivity -> USB -> Select Nokia OVI Suite
12. Now Nokia OVI Suite will start Syncing Contactâ€™s and Messages if you had use OVI Sync Before let it Happen.
13. Once it completes go to Tools â€“ > Back Up -> Select the contentâ€™s for Back up e.g. Contactâ€™s, Messages, Pics etc
14. It will take some time depending on the amount of Data be patient and let it complete.
15. Once the Back up is done Disconnect the Phone and remove the Memory Card and now go to the call option and Type *#7370# and it will give you an alert delete all the data of the Phone except memory Card.
16. Now you will get an option of YES and NO
17. One more reminder this will Erase all the data on the Phone Memory and Mass Memory.
18. Since the data is backed up we will go ahead and select Yes
19. Once you select Yes it will Erase all the data and get the Phone to Default Settings
20. Now let the device reboot, once the device is ready go to call option and dial *#0000# and now go to Options and check for updates you will see the Symbian Belle Update of 274 MB.
21. You would think that the update is huge so i would suggest connect your Phone to WI-FI network and then go for download of the Updates as the Data charges for the Operator will apply
22. Let the Update process and it might reboot your device but donâ€™t worry be patient
23. Once the Update is done you will see the New Interface and it will ask you to sign with your Nokia Account.
24. Please sign in and once you are signed in and then just wait to go to your Home Screen
25. By Default you will have 4 home Screens where as in Symbian Anna you had only 3 and + in Symbian Belle you can add upto 6 home screen and a New Android Style Notification View is given where you need to Swipe down from the Top of the screen
26. Now to check if the Update is Successfully go to Call and Dial and *#0000# and see the Release Field it will be Symbian Belle and Software version 111.030.0609
These indicate that the Symbian Belle has successfully installed and you ready to go.
Now Lets check how to update using Nokia OVI Suite
1. First Check if the Nokia Ovi Suite on your PC is same as 3.3.86 and if not first update the same because if you try to update the OS with old version of Nokia OVI Suite it will Fail
2. Once you have the Updated OVI Suite Connect your Phone and let it Sync.
3. Once the Sync is complete go to Tools -> Software Updates and it will list the update for Symbian Belle and Software version 111.030.0609.
4. Click on Install the Update
5. Do not worry it will back up the content that you have specified eariler to the Nokia OVI Suite
6. But if you have never backed up any content then i would suggest back up the the content.
7. Go to Tools â€“ > Back Up -> Select the contentâ€™s for Back up e.g. Contactâ€™s,Messages,Pics etc.
8. Once you the Back up is Done go to Tools -> Software Updates and it will list the update for Symbian Belle and Software version 111.030.0609. and clkck on Install update.
9. As i mentioned Eariler the size is 274 MB and it will take some time let it do it stuff.
10. Once the Update is done you will see the New Interface and it will ask you to sign with your Nokia Account.
11. Please sign in and once you are signed in and then just wait to go to your Home Screen
12. There you are the Symbian Belle is updated
13. Now to check if the Update is Successfull go to Call and Dial and *#0000# and see the Release Field it will be Symbian Belle and Software version 111.030.0609
14. These indicates that the Symbian Belle has successfully installed and you ready to go.
My Previous Post on Generation Electricity from Waste Material which gave all the possible ways on regenerating energy (electricity, water, fuel, chemicals etc) from the waste materials around us. Here is something more to add to it, but a very eco friendly way than before.
Babak Parviz, a professor of electrical engineering at Washington University has found a new way to generate electricity from the most widely available natural resource: Trees:
Unlike generating electricity from potatoes, lemon and sound waves,Â University of Washington scientists have made this discovery of Generating electricity from Trees, the only difference between generation electricity from Tree and that from lemon and Potato is that it (Tree) uses only one electrode instead of two as in case of potato and lemon.
By stacking one electrode into a big maple leaf, and another in the ground, the tree generated a tiny stream of electricity. The amount of energy generated by this tree is very less a few 100 mili Volts , but this energy is insufficient to even light a bulb, so the scientists built a custom made Voltage boost converter using nanotechnology that stores input voltages of as little as 20 mV (20 thousandths of a volt) and produces 1.1 volts
Application in Future:
This energy is enough to run low-power sensors
- This will help monitor environmental conditions, like giving up that vital atmospheric data situated in the most remote area.
- It can also be made possible to charge an iphone in future, so probably you can just plug in an electrode into a tree and charge your gadget devices on the way. As these devices can be expected to be on a nano scale so they would we portable as well.
- Monitor the health of trees: This will majorly help scientist and researchers of biotechnology to track the real-time tree behaviors.
- Detect forest fire: early detection of fire can save a lot of forests, embedding a small device into tress at equal intervals sending the data at time interval to a control room could make us understand and make a quick action to control the damage.
Note: Normal electronics are not going to run on the types of voltages and currents that we get out of a tree. But the nano scale is not just in size, but also in the energy and power consumption,â€ Parviz said, according to an UW release.
More information can be found in the publication in the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineersâ€™ Transactions on Nanotechnology.
Iphone the most recognized smart phone brand in the new generation mobile phones is ready to take its first step forward towards creating another milestone in mobile technology. There is lot more to this new technology, called NANo.. It is indicated that Apple iphone Nano will soon launch a cheaper version of iphone for targeted users who dont have deeper pockets, however this Apple Iphone Nano is supposed to be ,much smaller in size and with less features. The best part will be it is going to eat up the market with a price tag of iPhones Nano for as little as $199 with a two-year contract, might bring in more competition.
According to the Wall Street Journal, “The new phoneâ€”one of its code names is N97â€”would be available to carriers at about half the price of the main iPhones. That would allow carriers to subsidize most or all of the retail price, putting the iPhone in the same mass-market price range as rival smartphones…”
One Report Says that Nano will have less storage space as the whole data will be cloud supported. This gives a good indication for iPhone developers, more iPhone owners means an even greater opportunity to sell apps (or in-app advertising).
The competition will certainly give a big fight with Google Android, which has already captured the lower end of the market, Now the challenge is upto Apple Iphone Nano to make it a big buzz.